Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Bleh

Now where did that study motivation go? I had the Japanese exam this morning, it was really short and went well. I think it went almost flawlessly. It had one word I had trouble remembering, a word for congratulating someone. I concentrated for about 20 minutes and was almost certain I wouldn't remember it but then out of nowhere a word popped into my mind: おめでとう (omedetoo). I really wasn't sure that it was the right one but decided to answer that and it turned out it was the right word. Funny experience.

Even though the exam took only about 40 minutes, I seem to have managed to last my study motivation for the day. I should be training math but it feels so repulsive today. Somedays I almost enjoy it but not today.

One thing that has been stressing me a bit is the project we have to do in Computer Architecture. We're supposed to code a piece of software in MIPS assembly for a R2000-processor (well actually for a simulator that emulates it). There was lectures about the MIPS assembly but on a really abstract level that has very little to do with the actual assembly coding. I had to some self studying last night and managed to get a pretty good picture of what the real assembly coding is, which was a relief.

I have to alternatives for the project, an "easy" one: "

Write a subroutine which frames a packet as needed by
SLIP protocol.

or a hard one:

Write a subroutine which calculates the checksum 
of an IP header.


The easier is graded only from 0 to 3 while the harder one will be graded 0-5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home