Friday, September 23, 2005

Weekend

What a week.. It's difficult to get the study routine back on after summer. It seems like I'm going to have to do a lot of work on weekends too, otherwise all the exercises will pile up and I'll have to do everything in Monday which doesn't work even though I only have four hours of classes. Anyway, it's Friday and I came home to visit the parents and abuse the refrigerator. I planned that I'd spend a good amount of time on the exercises tonight but it didn't work out that well. I managed to do most of the Theoretical Comp. Sci. exercises and did parts of the math homework. The math exercises are really laborious, they're starting to take several pages of calculations. I've recently found out about an open source math software (computer algebra system to be specific) called Maxima. It's really helpful for verifying your answers. Here I've entered a 3x3 matrix and checked out it's eigenvalues and eigenvectors. The [1,1,1] after the eigenvalues are their multiplicities. I really like the syntax and output of Maxima, way better than Mathematica for example. Okay, how geek is it to play around with a math software on Friday night?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home