Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Planning studies

Wow, I've been sporty this week. Running on Monday and Tuesday and today I cycled to the (now former) work place to get some stuff I'd left there. The trip took almost two hours in total so I was pretty beat afterwards. Tomorrow I'm going to cycle around a local lake with a friend. That's going to be a pretty long ride too. Feeling good, feeling good.

I've been trying to plan what courses to take this Fall and trying to fit the lectures and exercises into the weekly schedule. The Finnish universities and polytechnics are going through this reform of the examination structure due to the Bologna process which is an attempt to create some kind of a common Europe-wide higher education system by creating a standard degree and credit system to be used everywhere. Anyway this complicates my planning a bit because due to the reform, all the courses are going to be renewed. Most of the courses will just have their course codes changed (why is that even necessary?) but many will have their names and content changed, some courses will be merged to a new ones and some will be split to several. It gets frustrating because there's a transition phase with the old and new courses organized concurrently and all kind of confusion.

Well I'm trying to figure this out and write more about the courses I'm going to take.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Janne said...

Goddamn, spam is everywhere >;\ I'll have to change the settings to allow only registered people to post comments.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home