Thursday, August 18, 2005

Back to work

As I'm no longer "unfit for work", the alarm went off at the usual 4:45 am this morning and I had to get to work. Thank god this is my last week and there's only two working days left. After that I'll have about one week of free time. The university basically starts on the first day of September but the first two weeks are basically an introductory phase for the freshmen, the actual courses begin on the third week of September.

I've volunteered to be a guide for our department's freshmen so in theory my school starts on the first too. In practice it's probably going to be just some light tour guiding around the campus, answering common questions and boozing in the "let's get to know each other"-happenings.

I have a student apartment near the university campus but I had to move out of it this summer because the Wolrd Championships in Athletics were held in Helsinki this year and the athletes were accommodated in our apartments. So there's going to be some annoyance as I have to move all my stuff back there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home