Sunday, August 21, 2005

On running

Oh boy, do I hate hangovers. They always last the whole day, but who can I blame?

Thank god the job is over. I have about two weeks of free time now before the school.
I have to start running again, it's been almost three weeks since I last went for a run. It rained for almost two weeks in a row and then I got sick so I'm probably in a pretty bad shape now.

I initially started running three years ago, one year before my military service because I was a total couch potato and figured that being in a better physical shape would make the service easier. Well it turned out that there wasn't that much running in the Signals Regiment, it was mostly dragging heavy equipment around and being on guard / spark / signal duty at inhuman hours. Still I'm sure the combat exercises and such would have been much more tougher if I hadn't taken up running. Anyway I guess I got addicted to running and started it again after the service and I've been doing it ever since. Nothing fancy, about 6 - 9 kilometers (3.7 - 5.5 miles) three to four times a week. Sometimes it's easy, sometimes a goddamn torture but it always makes me feel great mentally and physically, that's really the reason I do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home