Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Doomed movies

It's been pretty uneventful the last few days. I rarely manage to do anything interesting if I don't have anything (school or work) to do. At least I went running on Monday and today which is all good. Monday was pretty tormenting but today's run went just fine so I guess physical condition doesn't deteriorate so easily. I should probably take a break from running tomorrow, maybe do some weight lifting instead.

I went to see George Romero's Land of the Dead yesterday. I used to be a lot more into horror / splatter movies so I have some nice memories (that's a bit twisted?) of the previous Romero flicks and wanted to see this one although I was pretty sure it would be bad. Well I had no high hopes for it, so it was ok. The idea of smart, learning zombies was pretty bad in my opinion but who's looking for an intelligent plot in a zombie movie? It was kind of an ok, disposable movie, no surprises whatsoever.

All the horror movies of this type seem to be way too similar lately, the Resident Evils, Dawn of the Dead remake (I liked that one though), Land of the Dead and then the upcoming
Doom movie. When they can't even make the trailerlook interesting, it can't be good. I mean, does this movie have anything to do with the games expect the name? It looks like a totally generic "let's shoot some monsters in a scifi environment"-flick. The whole Hell-theme seems to be gone and instead it's just this Resident Evil in a base on Mars, sounds so fresh. But then again, a movie based on a game like Doom is pretty doomed to begin with (har, phunny pun).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home