Sunday, August 14, 2005

Down with the sickness

So I did get sick. I went to sleep soon after the last post and woke up in the the middle of the night to some extreme pain everytime I swallowed. This went on for a while and then relieved a bit but I could already feel the fever hitting me, starting to freeze and sweat in periods. I got up sometime after noon to get at least some nutrition but basically fainted and collapsed, I'm guessing due to low blood pressure. Not a pleasant experience.

So I didn't go to work on Saturday and I'm now wondering if I'm healthy enough tomorrow or should I go see a doctor to get some sick-leave.

Enough about me. I found this post about a cool automatic door technology from Japan on Gizmodo. The door is composed of numerous horizontal strips which all slide open individually just enough that the person walking in can fit through. This is supposed to keep the dust, bugs and such from getting inside. Check out the pictures and the video to get a better idea. Looks really sci-fi. Wouldn't try to run through one very fast though, as you can see at the end of the video, the guy has some trouble getting his head through it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home